For Immediate Release
Contact: Wendee Cutler
2017 BJH Foundation Grant Awards
BJH Foundation’s mission is “To enhance the lives of older Jewish adults.”
We serve thousands of individuals in North and South Carolina each year by working with Jewish Community Centers, Jewish Family Services, Jewish Federations, Temples, Synagogues and other nonprofit organizations that work directly with the older Jewish adults.
This year we awarded 27 grants to organizations in North and South Carolina. Grants awarded in July 2017 bring the 11-year total to $2,133,519!
The 2017 BJH Foundation Grant Recipients are
- Beth David Synagogue, Greensboro – Vatikim
- Creative Aging Network-NC, Greensboro – Building a Creative Community
- Sandra and Leon Levine Jewish Community Center, Charlotte – 50+ Holistic Wellness Program
- Raleigh-Cary Jewish Community Center, Raleigh – Jewish Speakers’ Speaker Luncheon Subsidy Program; Transportation Services for Jewish Seniors
- Jewish Family Services of WNC, Inc., Asheville – Case Management; Elder Club Group Respite – Asheville; Elder Club Group Respite – Hendersonville
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Charlotte, Charlotte – Senior Case Management
- Jewish Family Services of the Greensboro Jewish Federation, Greensboro – Chai Notes; Congregational Nurse; Enhancing Social Work and Case Management Services; Enhancing Volunteer Services of Older Adults
- Raleigh-Cary Jewish Family Services, Raleigh – Senior Connections (Geriatric Case Management); JFSGO Senior Transportation Services
- Jewish Federation of Durham-Chapel Hill, Durham – Jewish Family Services Mitzvah Corps; Jewish Family Services Project Kavod
- Temple Beth El, Charlotte – S.P.I.C.E. (Special Programs of Interest or Concern to Elders)
- Temple Beth Or, Raleigh – Staying in Touch –Fellowship Programs for Jewish Seniors
- Temple B’nai Sholem, New Bern – Pastoral Care and Beyond
- Temple Emanuel, Greensboro – Temple Emanuel Friendship Circle for Senior Adults
- Temple Emanuel, Winston-Salem – L’Dor V’Dor: Adopt a Jewish Grandchild/Grandparent
- Temple Kol Tikvah of Lake Norman, Davidson – Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Healthy Life
- Beth Shalom Synagogue, Columbia – Tuesdays with Friends Senior Lunch & Social
- Charleston Jewish Family Services, Charleston – Senior Outreach Initiative
- Jewish Family Service, Columbia – Senior Transportation Network
- Temple Emanu-El, Myrtle Beach – Enhancing the Religious and Cultural Experience for “Seniors by the Sea”
BJH Foundation wants to have the greatest impact possible on the older Jewish adult population. In order to continue achieving this we need to stay current on interests and needs. We encourage all of you to think about the life you envision in your retirement years. What are some of the ways you may need assistance? What are some of your social and educational areas of interest? Where do you envision yourself living as you gracefully age? These are just a few of the questions the BJH Foundation Board tries to answer each year.
Of course it is important to note we always welcome contributions. Growing the balance of our funds invested with the Jewish Foundation of Greensboro allows greater amounts of money to be allocated each year as grant awards.
For more information, please contact Wendee Cutler at 336-854-8400 or email email@example.com.